[bksvol-discuss] Re: I think I know the answer to this...

  • From: Pascha Lea <pascha2u@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 19:33:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Kellie,

 I will definitely do as you suggest. The 'core' content as described is there,
so someone may find this book to be useful (although, content-wise, I'm finding
it to be a serious snooze-fest :)) The scan itself is very good, so it does
seem a shame to waste it.

 I thing I find suprising is that I would think not having the full print
content of the book would jeapordize the copyright in some way.

 Thanks again for the suggestion.

 Lea

Kellie Hartmann <hart0421@xxxxxxx> wrote:       Hi Lea,
 Another thing that would be helpful with this book  would be to explain in the
long synopsis field about the missing endnotes/index.  That way, a student who
needs this book would know what they were getting, and  might be able to make
arrangements to get access to the missing  material.

 I think we all agree about the importance of  contents, reference material,
and basically having access to as much as possible  from the books we read,
just as sighted readers do. But sometimes there are  things that just won't
scan decently, and we just have to do the best we  possibly can and wait for
technology to continue advancing.
 Hth,
 Kellie