[bksvol-discuss] Re: I scanned a book!

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:17:53 -0800 (PST)

Jamie,

I use different fonts in the books I validate. I try
to approximate what the book itself has, but I've
learned from people's responses that any font larger
than 36 point can't be read, and that fonts that
approzimate cursive, like Apple Chancery can't be
read, so I use italics fo that.

I use Bold and italics, enlarge fonts where they are
enlarged, and now I'm using small caps--and I raise
footnote numbers but put them in a smaller font--10
point in the book I'm doing now--so they don't disturb
the line spacing as much. I've learned a lot about the
various abilities and functions of Word through
validating. smile
Cindy

Oh--we are frequently being reminded that physically
disabled people who are sighted also use bookshare, so
while the different fonts might not benefit blind
people, it benefits others. I wonder--do the Daisy
voices emphasize bold words and italics?

Cindy