[bksvol-discuss] I released a book just now.

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 21:06:26 -0400

Hi all,

I just released 'Iron Lake' by William Kent Krueger. It's a mystery about Minnesota and a rural area.

This is one of the books at the end of the step 1 list. It is in ark format. I downloaded it and converted it to RTF.

Unfortunately, it is *not* an excellent book. Kurzweil's Ranked Spelling gives it a 96% rate, which is not excellent. It needs to have its headers removed, many of the pages have mistakes on them, there are many common scanos present, and frankly, this book needs more babying than I'm prepared to give it right now. I notice this book has a history of people who started with it, and gave up. There are several Krueger books up there, all in ark and probably all scanned by the same person. The stories look good. However, this is going to have to be tackled by a validator who is prepared to read the whole book, and to painstakingly and lovingly correct the huge number of errors present. This job is *not* for me. Sorry, folks, but if I took this on, I'd be working on the book from now till Christmas and probably beyond! I hope that somebody will take on this challenge and bring this or these books up to snuff, but that person ain't me.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring