[bksvol-discuss] Re: I need a sighted proofreader for several books, please.

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 23:34:09 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, please get it as I won't be able to get it until next week at the
earliest--and probably not until the beginning of the week after that

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

  From: Mayrie ReNae <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>

  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] I need a sighted proofreader for several books,
  please.

  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Date: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 1:45 AM

  Hi Everyone,

      This last batch of library books that I received have what
  is for me

  a common problem.  Many of them have chapter headings that did not scan

  well.  I can't get these books up to my standards of what a book should
  be

  without sighted help.  There will be very little for a proofreader to do
  on

  most of these books, but it does need to be a sighted person with a copy of

  the book in hand to fix what I have not been able to fix.  I'll explain

  about each book.

  Sucker Punch by David Hernandez

  ISBN 978-0-06-117331-8 (lib. bdg.)

  I could not find a single place to put a chapter heading in this book.
  None

  scanned and I saw no indication of where to put them.

  I have proofread and formatted this book thoroughly. All that this book

  needs is to have chapter headings inserted, or Three asterisks in their

  stead, if the only indication of where sections begin is white space.

  The Bermudez Triangle by Maureen Johnson

  ISBN 1-59514-019-0 (hardcover)

  This book has also been proofread thoroughly.  All chapter headings are

  present and all formatting has been done.  However, the first few words
  of

  each chapter are in a font that did not scan clearly at all.  A sighted

  proofreader would need to insert the proper first few words of each chapter.

  But I've done everything else.

  Lucky by Rachel Vail

  ISBN 978-0-06-089044-5 (lib. bdg.)

  This book too has been proofread thoroughly (every single word is what I

  mean by thoroughly) and formatted properly.  However, not all chapter

  headings scanned.  Some I could not figure out where to place, and some

  had to guess at.  I need a sighted proofreader to make sure that all
  chapter

  headings are in the proper places and enlarge and bold those that he/she

  needs to insert.

  And finally,

  Madapple by Christina Meldrum

  I won't ask anyone to proofread this book yet.  I haven't read or
  cleaned up

  some junk that I can't identify. I wonder, would someone be willing to get a

  copy from his/her library and send me a list of chapter headings and the

  numbers of pages on which each begins?  Then I can do the clean-up on
  this

  book and read it.

  Any help with any of these is much appreciated. Thanks for anything anyone

  is able to help with.

  Mayrie

  put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list