[bksvol-discuss] I need a little help with some words in a book, please.

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 01:18:51 -0600

Hi everyone!

I checked on books.google.com, and there is no preview available, but Amazon has one.

For Pete's Sake Corrections

For Pete's Sake

by Geri Buckley

The book gives:

ISBN 0-7862-7822-6

while Amazon gives:

ISBN-10: 0425201538
ISBN-13: 978-0425201534

The book is the same one, however.

I'll give the page numbers and show you where two pages are straddled, and I think enough to be helpful. I'll also point out what I am unsure of.

Should "have" be "hand"? There might be something missing on the first line of the next page, too.

Page 172-173

"In that case, don't let me keep you." She had the
Mississippi mud pie in have to say

173

sights and moved to go around him. Not one to be ignored though, he pivoted on his heel and fell in step with her, holding up his right hand and revealing two paper cups stacked over the neck of an expensive bottle of red wine.

"atter dance" is what kind of dance, or what?

"do wed." Do what?

Page 350

Today, Florida's A-list would be in atter dance. The political, intellectual, and fenced-in financial elite would arrive early and pac the chapel Pete's grandmother had her do wed.

He what?

Page 350-351

He xht

351

spread open what appeared to be a handstitched ivory sheet adorned with a single cross applique in the upper third portion.

Thanks a lot for your help.  I'm done proofreading except for this little bit.

Debby

--
mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>