[bksvol-discuss] Re: I learn something new

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:12:32 -0500

I do hear you Jake. On the other hand you and I both know that this page numbering issue and the bit about the stripper has been a live issue where no changes whatsoever have occurred in three years. Three years with no changes at all is just too long. I know bookshare is showt on staff. I also know that there are lots and lots of places like SCORE and other volunteer organizations or retired and semi-retired folks who do probono work and some of that work is programming. I totally support bookshare in getting off the dime on this one. Enough is enough.

E.

At 06:06 PM 11/30/2005, you wrote:

Hey Sue,
This is more directed at the group than you, but your msg brings up a good point. I'm sure BookShare is somewhat less willing to update information about upcoming changes because then there is an expectation. In other words, people start complaining as to when its coming. It's not that it isn't coming, it is, it just takes more time than some would like. Keep in mind BookShare is working on getting the $$ for upgrades, and until that money is in less happens.
Validation instructions will be much more comprehensive and putting them together is being done by volunteers, so they're not at this for many hours a day, hehe. The instructions of course will have to go through Janice and Gustavo to make sure they are as correct as they possibly can be. There's no use releasing new instructions if they're aren't precise, accurate and clear.

BookShare has told us that engineering is working on producing page numbers in the BRF format, attempting to modify the software and how it works does take time. Other enhancements are definitely on the drawing board I'm sure.

Patience Patience *grin* Again, this msg is not directed at Sue, the group as a whole. And Sue if you didn't mean your comment as angry, I didn't take it as such just thought I should point some of this out.

Jake
----- Original Message ----- From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxx>