[bksvol-discuss] Re: I have a question please and thank you.

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 19:05:46 -0400

I think that some of the suggestions that some have made here about noting
whether the book contains such things as explicit sex, violence or strong
language are a good approach to take. I think that in this case NLS has the
right idea. I am not blocked from seeing any titles in their collection, while
at the same time I get information on the book's content or tone.

People need information in order to make intelligent choices. If they are
simply blocked from even seeing titles in the collection, then that choice is
taken away from them. I just don't think that is right. I am all for informed
choice, not denial of choice.

Evan