[bksvol-discuss] Re: I have a question please and thank you.

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 11:30:05 -0700

Hi, Jackie, I like this idea of a sliding system for rating a book. You are
not censoring it, but you are informing the reader if there is graphic
violence or sex scenes in a book. I like this idea of a guideline in book
synopses. You can write a synopsis and append something like this: "Notice
to the reader: this book contains occasional descriptions of sex, strong
language, violence" etc. So you have a degree of these occurrences from
never, occasional, frequent, etc. By the way, you used an acronym to which I
don't know the meaning of, i.e., BTW. What does this acronym mean? Sorry,
Jackie. But these shorthand acronyms in emails always tend to bewilder me. I
have some of them and can translate them back to English, but this one has
stumped me. Do write me back and tell me what you think of my idea. I do not
know you, but have read many of your messages. I'm sorry for that horrid
experience you had and can see why you wish to have a rating system. In this
instance it gives you a scale which will inform you that you may or may not
be able to deal with or bear what's inside the book you intend to download.
Take care and if you wish to write me back off list, send your email to
kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxxx Best regards, Kim Friedman.