[bksvol-discuss] Re: I have a question please and thank you.

  • From: "gwen tweedy" <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 08:34:02 -0500

Thanks a million
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 8:30 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: I have a question please and thank you.

Hi all,

Gwen, as you say, all you can do is stop reading a book if it offends you. Many books which are written these days have strong language and explicit descriptions of sex. My best advice is if you don't like a book after you start reading it. Delete it. Always remember, though, that some books may have violence or strong language or love scenes, but their authors tell a magnificent story. If the writing is good, no amount of bad language or explicit descriptions will matter.

Tom Lehr said it best.

As the judge remarked the day that he aquitted my Aunt Hortance,
To be smut it must be ut-terly,
Without redeeming social importance....

Ann P.

--