[bksvol-discuss] Re: I have a question please and thank you.

  • From: "gwen tweedy" <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:20:43 -0600

Thanks a million
I would too.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Monica Willyard
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 7:49 AM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: I have a question please and thank you.

  Just a comment that may not be obvious here... Sometimes a submitter rates a
book as good if he or she knows it is a raw scan. I like it when they do that
because the proofreader knows more about what's involved in working on the
book.

  Julia has been  planning on moving and has a massive amount of books she's
scanned. Since the new home only has access to slow dial-up internet service,
several of us have urged her to upload what she has scanned so Bookshare will
have benefit of the books. She has flagged them as good so people will know
that they'll need to do more proofreading with her books. Some will be in great
shape. Others won't, and sadly, a few might not be able to be approved at all.

  Newer volunteers, especially ones who are also learning to use their computer
at the same time, should probably skip these books for now. Working on books
rated excellent will help newer volunteers get comfortable with proofreading
without added confusion.

  Julia is a nice person to work with, and she'll do her best to answer
questions about her books. Like most of us, her scans have gotten better over
the past couple of years. I see progress and skill with each new scan. I'm
hopeful that we'll see several of her books in the collection soon. (smile)

  Monica Willyard
  Check out my books and accessible book lists on Goodreads at
  http://www.goodreads.com/profile/plumlipstick