[bksvol-discuss] Re: I can't find a copyright year

yes Cindy, exactly. Even your email messages are
copyrighted by you (you can choose to say anybody can
use this email without my permission) but in general
people are supposed to ask.

If you use a person's email in a paper you write like
for school, there is even a way to reference the email
that you used. Like if you were an expert in the
growing of pansy flowers from seeds and I were writing
a paper about that and you gave me information, I
would have to quote you as you said in your email, and
there is a way to list the individual email in the
bibliography or works cited page.

Jamie in Michigan