[bksvol-discuss] Re: How do I eliminate line breaks?

  • From: Denise Thompson <deniset@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:43:08 -0400

I'm dealing with the same issue using OB 8.0+. I've had to do the a^p replaced by a all the way through the alphabet. Then throw in a few others like ,^p and ;^p, etc. That did a lot, but I'm now actually going through the book because there are still sentences that don't wrap end up with the paragraph mark at the end like you've said. The last book I did was much better. I picked the Fine Reader setting in OB with exact view. However this book was a paper back and the Fine Reader setting just didn't pick up the text as well so I tried the other choices with Omnipage Fireworks coming out heads above the rest. But now I'm back dealing with the paragraph marks at the end of each line again. Next time I scan a book as I'm reading it, I'm going to correct for this every few pages instead of having to do it all at the end when I think I'm ready to submit.

I have a find and replace sequence which illiminates those paragraph marks at the end of the lines, but it only works if there's a double paragraph mark at the true paragraphs. Otherwise to use the formula it removes all paragraph marks since it doesn't know which ones are real and which ones are just at the end of the line.
Denise

At 07:50 PM 7/28/2009, you wrote:
I have just had a couple of my scans bounced back to step one because of line breaks. I am told that my OCR program is turning every line into a paragraph and I have been instructed to change my OCR settings to not retain line breaks. I have looked through all my settings and I can find nothing about line breaks. Does anyone know how to change this? I am using Open Book 6.0.

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine." Che Guevara

The Militant: <http://wwww.themilitant.com>http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml Pathfinder Press: <http://www.pathfinderpress.com>http://www.pathfinderpress.com Granma International: <http://granma.cu/ingles/index.html>http://granma.cu/ingles/index.html
             _

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377107x1201454434/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd=JulystepsfooterNO115)