[bksvol-discuss] Re: How I read

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 00:06:31 -0500

Sue, I can see why it would be annoying in Braille. I think it's much easier to gloss over errors like this when you're using speech because of how the rest of the words in the sentence flow. It's not that I don't notice it. It's more that the speech keeps on going without skipping a beat so that my reading experience really isn't interrupted. When I read with Eloquence or DecTalk, I read at a pretty fast pace, and that may be another factor in why it doesn't bother me too much. I do notice it more if I'm using one of the really clear Sapi 5 voices like Paul or Kate in Kurzweil. I read more slowly then because I'm reading for pleasure and am relaxing. Still, I think that scannos are harder on Braille users in general.

Monica Willyard

At 08:36 PM 11/30/2006, you wrote:

Yes, I read Braille as well, so they annoy me too.  I should think it woould
be confusing to listen to them as well.  But there seems to be a disturbing
number of this particular scanno in many books.

Sue S.