[bksvol-discuss] Re: How I read

  • From: "Natalie B." <lemina007@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 05:54:57 -1000

I agree. I prefer to be called what I am. I don't think blind is a politically incorrect word, or an offensive one. For myself, I can't see anything at all, therefore I don't think I could be classified as visually impaired or hard of seeing. To me, these were terms I used when I could stil see some, but now that I can't, I pretty much just want people to say it like it is.

And the term I really really have an aversion to is low-visioned. Low-visioned? I can just imagine myself trying to get on the bus. Excuse me, I need some help. You see, I'm low-visioned. Sorry, maybe others might not find my humor in this, but it just sounds so strange.

Happy Monday,
Natalie B.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference."
-Reinhold Niebuhr
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>