[bksvol-discuss] Re: How I read

  • From: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 21:41:51 -0700

I went out to lunch today with two co-workers.  Our conversation touched on
many things, from gossip to hobbies, but I was asked whether I'd been blind
from birth, if I'd ever seen colors, etc.  I wasn't offended.  But you're
right; if these questions had come from total strangers, I'd have been
annoyed, at the very least.

Out of that conversation, we came to three conclusions:  a trip to the hot
springs is in order some time soon, never order hamburgers at a Mexican
restaurant, and they're going to teach me to shoot, just for the experience
of it.  Although that last is blindness-related, it felt good to find
someone who understands my desire for experiences, even ones such as this.

So, no, I wasn't offended by any of this, but it's all in context.  The
woman who offered to rub prayer oil on my eyes to help me see offended me,
though many would say she had the best of intentions.  It's all about
context.