[bksvol-discuss] Re: How I read

  • From: "Dan Beaver" <dbeaver888@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 05:32:40 -0500

Jamie,

Your questions do not offend me either.  I give to my local schools every year.
 I do this by taking lots of my "blind stuff" and my Guide Dog Joplin and do
presentations with the kids.  I show and explain to them some of the ways blind
folks do things.  It helps them understand disabilities and helps them not be
afraid of us.  You would be amazed at some of the questions that kids will ask.
 ;-))

One of the most favorite things I do with the kids is have my computer say
their names.  It is very fun when they hear their name.  I also show them how I
read books with my computer and with my MP3 player.  I convert books and listen
to them on my MP3 player most of the time.

Thanks for asking.