[bksvol-discuss] Re: Housekeeping: Purging the Checkout List

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 08:21:23 -0800

Hi Tracy,

Hmmm, let's see if I can extend your metaphor.

We're not instituting a hunting ban - just declaring closed season on some
titles that are no longer fair game.

In a month we will systematically go through titles that have drawn no
volunteer attention for a year. In many cases we expect to find that it is
because the scan is so poor that nobody is willing to invest the time in
cleaning it up. In that case it would be considered for re-scan. Part of
the exercise is to get more insight into what kind of books volunteers
like -- and don't like -- to do.

Scott