[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hoping we opt for friendliness andCindy isn't unsubscribing

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 00:51:17 -0500

Hey Lissi,
    Here's a bit about each person who works for Benetech/BookShare who are
staff who hang out (sometimes) on the list.

Jim Fruchterman - Is the head of Benetech and helps make policy decisions
that affect BookShare

Gustavo Galindo - The BookShare.Org site manager. Gustavo is usually the
person who approves and rejects books. If you have a question related to a
book currently on the site he is probably the guy to ask, since we don't
currently have a volunteer coordinator.

Peter Scialli - You generally will find Peter hanging out on the other
bookshare list. Peter helps work with support questions, technical problems,
etc. Generally I believe Peter checks the support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx address.
Also Peter hangs out in the Washington D.C. area as we were last told, the
rest of the gang is in Palo Alto

Janice Carter - Director of literacy programs for Benetech and BookShare. I
imagine Janice right now is attempting to help fill Marissa's shoes while
the search continues for a replacement.

Volunteer Coordinator - Marissa was the last and Jessie before that,
hopefully we'll find a new one soon *grin*

Hope this helps give you an overview of the staff we most hear from. I don't
know the engineers by name, but they're back their faithfully making sure
the system keeps working.

Finally, Carrie is a very dedicated sighted volunteer who hangs out at the
offices in Palo Alto. She's renound for churning out up to 40 books a week
with the highspeed scanner at BookShare.

Jake