[bksvol-discuss] Hooked On Books To Meet Tuesday and Thursday Week of December 10, 2007

  • From: "Pat Price" <patlprice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Volunteer list " <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:47:33 -0500

Hello Everyone,

For this week only, Hooked On Books will occur on Tuesday and Thursday but
at the normal time of 11 A.M. pacific, noon mountain, 1 P.M. central and 2
P.M. eastern time.

The characters in Chris Bohjalian's book, Before You Know Kindness, are in
quite a bit of pain right now. Have you ever had to come to terms with a
painful change, wished you could go back and relive a  moment that altered
everything for you. If only is one of the saddest beginnings of a sentence
we have and it is one we can all identify with.  Believe me, the characters
in this book are going through that, and we are privy to all of their
thoughts and all of their pain. What can they do now that the terrible
accident has happened? How will they go on? Perplexing questions, certainly!

Have you ever read a book and hurt right along with the characters, felt
their pain so deep you wanted to hold them close to give them hope or ached
to change their circumstances for them?

If you love books as we who attend the reading of them at Hooked On books, I
know you will want to join us as we travel toward resolution with our
troubled family.

Take a break from the wrapping, baking, planning and spend a few hours in
New England with a family who needs our support. I don't know what we will
find together, but I promise you troublesome twists and turns as we go. Come
join us as Chris Bohjalian takes us in to a family's hopes and dreams,
troubles and tears.

We can be found reading in the  Friends of Bookshare In Between The Bookends
Room

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs83ce590a4853

We would love to read with you!