[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hold fors -- Redux

  • From: "Molly O'Sullivan" <molly.osullivan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 21:30:27 -0600

I don't think anyone is trying to steal books out from under people. I totally recognize the need for hold for's, but I know that as a new proofreader it is sometimes frustrating when the only books that aren't on hold look to be difficult proofreads. I shy away from books that have been returned to the queue many times, or have notes that make me feel that as a newb, could not do the text justice. I think that sometimes we just need to keep on checking the books to be checked out queue, and be patient. I wonder if it would help if we are looking for a book to proof, if we let the list know what we might be interested in? Then scanners might be able to let us keep an eye out for scans to proof. Just an idea! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>