[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hold fors -- Redux

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 22:29:42 EST

As a matter of fact, I have been thinking myself that there should be some
way of seperating the holds. Perhaps a way to exclude terms in the search, then
it would only be necessary to search the download list with the phrase "hold
for" excluded and it would be a lot easier to browse for something to proof
without all the holds getting in the way. As it is now it really is a pain to
go
through all those holds looking for something that isn't spoken for.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various
ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hold fors -- Redux
Date:
3/3/2009 10:23:03 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:
micka@xxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I'm sorry, I never meant to even imply that I've taken a hold for. I've
proofed over 430 books so far, and have scanned some. I do respect what's
there.

Maybe the holds could be put on a separate page, so the rest of the
proofreaders wouldn't have to go through them. Just a suggestion.

Honest, I was not trying to be personal, just see a problem that could
balloon.

Back in the olden days, we were allowed to take as many books as we wanted
for validation. That was stopped, because it was felt it slowed the process
of book acceptance.

Mickey