[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hold fors

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 13:28:28 -0800

I always read through my scans, but as Evan pointed out, one can still miss
errors. From the very beginning I have felt that quality is more important than
quantity. I understand that many people did not renew their Bookshare
subscriptions because the books had so many errors, and I have certainly found
this to be the case. Now Bookshare is having to pay all over again to correct
those books. We'll never produce the quality that NLS has but if both scanners
and proofreaders read the book, this will come a long way to giving us the type
of book that readers deserve. I wouldn't consider scanning a book without
reading it. Jill