  From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 9:24 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Hold fors

  I thought that the books that are scanned in house bypassed the download
list.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various
ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

  table with 2 columns and 6 rows
  Subj:
  [bksvol-discuss] Re: Hold fors
  Date:
  3/4/2009 9:07:03 PM Eastern Standard Time
  From:
  mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  To:
  bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent from the Internet
  (Details)
  table end

  Basically, I'm with Monica.  Most of the time I haven't commented on
  this topic (which comes up every so often) because I could see good
  arguments on both sides.  But, currently, I do think there are an
  unusually large number of hold fors and not as much variety as usual in
  what is available.

  Maybe it is just one of those random things that occurs, and maybe
  Carrie is too busy with all the other bookshare tasks she does to go out
  browsing local used book stores for the large volume and variety she
  generally feeds to the chopper and high speed scanner.

  But, I do have one suggestion (which was partly inspired by one of the
  emails in this thread, so I'm not claiming I thought it up completely on
  my own).  Perhaps people that send out books to be scanned by others
  could ask the scanner to send them an email when the book has been
  scanned.  Then the sender/proofreader can send an email saying yes,
  upload it now, or no wait a while so I can clear out some other tasks
  first.  Then when ready the proofreader can email, ok send it now.  In
  other words, the books could be held for on the computer of the sender
  instead of on the bookshare queue.  We who don't want to see them
  because they are held for someone else, won't see them.  And the
  overworked bookshare engineering staff won't have still yet more
  requests for changes to the site.

  And maybe Carrie will tumble another forty mysteries, romances,
  fantasies, suspenses, and who knows what else into the queue and this
  book drought will all be a passing memory.

  Misha

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219957551x1201325337/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)