[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hold for how long?

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:16:47 -0700

Hi Roger,

        As it stands, all one need do is write to Pavi and ask her to
contact the validator whose name is listed on the book and consult them on
their position about the book.  She'd find out quickly enough if someone
were no longer reachable.  This is not, in my opinion, something that needs
attention at this time, when there are other things that really do need
fixing.  Sorry if that seems harsh.  I don't mean it that way.  It just
isn't that hard to find out what's going on about books with holds on them,
as staff is very willing to help us communicate with the designated
validators.

I really don't mean to be crabby here.  I'm just not saying things as
diplomatically as I generally can.  And staff really is willing to help us
with stuff like this.

Mayrie