[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hold for how long?

What I meant is that perhaps the "hold for" books on step 1 could have an
expiration date with the option to renew their "hold for" status on step 1. The

suggestion is because, really, it occurs to me that a validator for whom a
book  is being held could die and none of us would ever know about it. In that
case,  just how many years would a book remain on step 1 marked "hold for?" In
a  message dated 9/11/2008 1:42:18 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Roger I  renew a "hold for" the same way I renew any other book on
step 2. So there  is the option you requested already.

E.

To repeat yesterday's  message, if a volunteer finds a book with "hold
for" and wants to know  about it and the volunteer whose name appears
on it, just write to the  list and ask. We are usually polite to each
other on this list. We can  work things out.

It just upsets folks when somebody grabs a "hold for"  book without
asking first.

I give a lot of time to volunteering.  During the past six years I
have validated hundred and hundreds of books.  However, I actually
have a life outside of bookshare, there is a 5 book  queue and there
are reasons for "hold for" which others have already  described.

E.

To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email  to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word 'unsubscribe' by  itself in the subject line.  To get a list of
available commands, put the  word 'help' by itself in the subject line.