[bksvol-discuss] Help with failed states copyright

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 23:21:36 -0600

Me and the copyright office website don't seem to meet each other half way
on this.

I find author Noam Chomsky okay, but I don't find the new book there.

The copyright page on the page in the book lists it like this:
Copyright © 2006 by Harry Chomsky, as Trustee of Chomsky

I don't find Harry either.

Could it be a copyright in England or what do you think?

The copy of the copyright page on Amazon shows the exact same page verbatim
as what is on my scanned copy.

The title search did not find it either.

The exact text of that is:
Failed states : the abuse of power and the assault on democracy

I may fail ultimately, but I bet you can help prevent it.

And what about ISBN?  That number, is it among the copyright gov search
stuff?
The registration number seems altogether different.

I just can't wait until I'm really good at this.  (smile)

But by then, we may be up the river without any more paddles anyway, if we
believe all we hear and read and so on.

Thanks.
Rik