[bksvol-discuss] Help with a book

  • From: LisaCushman <crysania@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 15:30:40 -0800

Hey everybody,

I am proofing a sci fi collection with Asimov’s stranger in paradise in it.
The story is missing the text after this passage and before another one.  If
some kind soul could help me, I would really appreciate it.  Here is the phrase.

Without going into a long song and dance, I deal with children who do not reach
out into the world, do not communicate with others, but who sink into
themselves and exist behind a wall of skin, somewhat unreachably. I hope to be
able to cure  ...

And the next phase I have is:

"Oh?" the other would say, hanging in there for just a moment as though he
wanted to ask if they were full blood-brothers. But then good manners would win
the day ... the elder, William had left the creche first.

If someone could help me with what’s in the middle, that would be great.

Thanks
Lisa