[bksvol-discuss] Help with a book

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 00:01:14 -0400

I am asking on both lists hoping for the largest audience and possibly help.

I just scanned a book called Name that Dog.

It is a book of trivia, and history of famous people and their dogs.  To my
dismay when I bought the book and opened it to scan a lot of the pages are
full page pictures.  With captions.  But that is it.  And if you don't know
what kind of breed fala FDR's dog, or Liberty Ford's dog, are the captions
make no point what so ever.  I was wondering if someone, preferably with
enough sight to do it, would be willing to give some descriptions to the
photographs in this book.  I have the book scanned and will clean it up so
all they have to do is type in descriptions.  I am even willing to mail my
copy of the book, apparently it was a limited printing and mine is 1,888 out
of 2,000 copies in print, to the person as long as I get the book back.

Bribes of money have not worked here in Corry to convince my family to help
out, sigh.

I can submit it as it is, but the quality of the book would be greatly
enhanced by some well placed picture descriptions.

Please contact me off list if you are interested in the project or if you
all think I just should submit it as is.

By the by and I know this from other books

Fala is a Scottish terrier
and Liberty is a golden and made the golden retriever one of the most
popular dogs in America.

Thanks you all.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.