[bksvol-discuss] Re: Help me with The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:00:22 -0600

Anne,  some clarification about ICON and Braille Plus:

The ICON and Braille Plus differ in the keypad in the base handheld unit.
Icon has purely  a cell phone style keypad, capable of grade 2 Braille
input via entering multiple simultaneous keystroke from the numpad.
Braille Plus is autmented by true Braille keys and has a verly slightly
smaller numpad.  Interestingly both units cost exactly the same.
The Hard drive in the ICON and Braille Plus is in the base handheld
device, not in the docking station.
The docking station is roughly the size of the Voice Note when its wrist
rest is folder under.  When the wrist rest is flipped open,  the docking
station is perhaps slightly deeper than the Braille Note.
The docking station is not yet available.
NLS Web Braille support is already available, but NLS DTB and Audible
support are currently in beta.

G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]

Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
01/21/2008 06:41 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Help me with The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

Hi all,