[bksvol-discuss] Re: Help me with The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:04:32 -0600

You are correct Kenneth,  any piece of hardware or software is regretably
useful only to these who use them.
On the other hand,  the fact that the ICON handles page navigation of both
bodytext and preliminary page numbering correctly in Too Far Afield',
leads me to believe that Bookshare's page encoding may be correct: page
numbers have been removed from the document file and moved to the NCX
markup for navigation, which is what is supposed to happen.
Instead, I am still concerned about chapter headings.  I did find some
problems in how I had normalized them in the source file.  I will submit a
new replacement version soon.  I am looking forward to discover if Chapter
heading are inserted in the NCX correctly this time.

G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]

"Kenneth Cross" <crossk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
01/20/2008 03:00 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Help me with The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

That, of course, is useful only to those who own such a machine, which I
would guess has quite a hefty price.