[bksvol-discuss] Help! Help!

  • From: Mary Stephens <mstephen@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:17:48 -0400

Hello. I have done something stupid or ignorant or, at the very best, uninformed. Using Kurzweil 9.2, I have just finished proofreading a 650-page book--a superlative scan--and had intended to manually remove headers. However, when I finished the proofing, I find that the entire last half of the book has replicated. I have something like 2,700 kurzweil page numbers in the book proper; something over 6,000 at the end of the replicated part. I have no idea what I did. I have tried everything I can think of, including several hours wandering through the manual, to cut the replicated part, but nothing works. Can anyone suggest how I can salvage this validation? I guess I could simply delete the whole thing and start over and work on the headers, since the scan itself almost flawless. But I would not want this to happen again. So a kindergarten lesson would be much appreciated.
Thanks much.
Mary