[bksvol-discuss] Re: Headers question for scanning

  • From: "Julie Morales" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:13:25 -0400

Hi, Jill and all. That's one time I do remove the headers. If they scan as
junk, the stripper won't usually remove them. I don't have the later version
of Kurzweil that removes the headers automatically, and I read all my scans
completely through before I submit them, so I usually catch things like
garbled text. If it's too bad, I do just remove the headers altogether, but
if it's not too bad, and if I can, I fix them up. I guess I just feel more
comfortable giving the stripper something to munch rather than removing them
and take the chance that something I wanted protected gets munched instead.
Take care.
Julie Morales
Email:
mercy421@xxxxxxxxxxx