[bksvol-discuss] Re: Header question

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:46:19 -0400 (EDT)

Charlene

YOu bring up a valuable function that headers perform.
I think that the problem many folks have with headers is that they don't
view them as part of the reading process.
Perhaps in audio reading, they aren't; but, as I, for example, read with
K1000,
seeing a header at the top of a given page can potentially tell me a lot
as you suggest.
I rthink what we're getting back to is the idea that what is needed is a
voluntary stripper rather than a compuslory one which we have today.
As you say, with headers in tact, I could quickly determine what chapter a
page was in or using your recipe example whether page 232 was that almond
cookie rrecipe or whether I was now in the pie section.
Perhaps if blind readers were better educated as to how books were
constructed and why particular info were included, they might be less
opposed to them.