[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hard and soft page breaks and adding page numbers

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 07:48:37 -0400

Hi all,

In order to change the paper size in Word.  Look in the format menu under
paragraphs.  I'm not sure where Microsoft stuffed that info in 2007, but it
ought to be under formatting, perhaps home ribbon under paragraphs.

Ann P.
On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 06:19:11PM -0400, Linda Stover wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> How does one go about changing the size of pages within word?  I knew
> this.. once but I'm drawing a blank *g*
> Courtney
>
> On 6/9/09, Megmil85@xxxxxxx <Megmil85@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Do you think legal would be big enough or should I go with executive or
> > ledgure? I'm not really sure how big executive and ledgure are.
> > Megan
> >

> > In a message dated 6/9/2009 3:05:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> > mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx writes:
> >
> > Hi Megan,
> >
> >     If  you are using JAWS, it announces it as it passes over a page break.
> >  It  actually says "page break."  If it is a soft page break that you are
> > passing over, Word will just announce the new page number as Word is
> > counting  which it does by counting soft page breaks.  You're really better
> > off
> > increasing your paper size and eliminating all soft page breaks that  way.
> > Then you never have to wonder at all about soft page breaks because  they're
> > gone.
> >
> > Does that  help?
> >
> > Mayrie

AAnn K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
Email:  akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site:  http://www.portaltutoring.info
blog:  http://www.samobile.net/users/akp
Skype:  Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT