[bksvol-discuss] Re: Half Footnote Numbers Missing

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 20:11:04 -0500

Footnotes scan horribly and are a lot of work. When I take on a book with a
lot of footnotes I will only scan one page at a time so I can make sure I
got each one while I'm still on that page.

One thing I notice is that sometimes I get a ' instead of the footnote
number. Are you finding those? Would that help you to get at least some of
the missing numbers?

Personally I'd probably reject it or ask for a volunteer who can check the
print book to be able to put the numbers in.

And, as someone with sight, I know that finding the darned numbers on the
page isn't always easy. I usually have to read it backwards, starting at
the bottom of the page and going backwards so I'm looking for the number
and not just reading the words because the eyes tend to skip over things
like that, when the brain is involved in absorbing the words.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: Mallory's Oracle by Carol O'Connell