[bksvol-discuss] Re: Greetings from the new Volunteer Coordinator!

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 22:35:34 -0700

Ah yes, it does indeed, I was unaware of that digest thing. My bad, well hey at least you all khad a mini tutorial in setting basic HTML from standard view and to also set conversation view as well. Chuckle. I agree, Ms. Linares needs to not set digest mode, I believe the bks staff even if the do set digest mode, should make a new thread and entirely without all of that stuff. Totally repetitious. Chela the worn out trumpeter and grump by this time. At least someone found my tutorial helpful smile! Oh I need coffee...hey maybe on my birthday I'll have some. Not too far away either.

--
"Passion is a great motivator. Music is a life-long learning experience."
--

On 3/23/2012 10:09 PM, Judy s. wrote:
Jamie and Chela, the confusion is that Chela is giving Jamie directions for doing something something totally different than what Jamie is asking about.

The email from the volunteer coordinator that Jamie is talking about was sent by the volunteer coordinator with the entire text of the list digest from the previous day included within the email. That made for an enormous single email.

There is no way in gmail to eliminate all that extraneous text from the list digest that was included within the text of the email. That should have been done by the person who sent the email before hitting the reply button and sending that email to the list.

What Chela is trying to give directions about is how to set gmail to look at only one post at a time when there is a thread of emails that are all replies to one original email. In gmail that is called a conversation. It's a totally different thing.

The only way to fix Jamie's problem is to have the person who sent the huge email that contained the entire digest of this list for a day not do that in the future.

Hope that helps clarify stuff up, instead of muddying things even further! smile.

Judy s.

On 3/23/2012 9:03 PM, Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote:
Basic html doesn't show any of the quoted text?

I don't mind some quoting but it's a real pain to wade through 20 or 30 quoted messages.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading:A Case of Bad Taste by Lori Copeland

See everything I've read this year at: www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html <http://www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html>