[bksvol-discuss] Re: Google's agreement with publishers and libraries

  • From: "Robert Riddle" <captinlogic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 13:53:24 -0600

I understand that. I am asking about the feasibility of asking Google to supply
their
millions of books to Bookshare like publishers supply their publisher quality
books.

Because google isn't the publisher and such a decision must come from the
publishher, I'd guess.

If that is the case then how have I been successful in reading some of that text
with JAWS? Also, if that is the case then how is that text searchable with the
Google
search?

You're experience has been different from mine. I've only been able to find
screen shots of pages. Those had to be copied in  to fine reader and ocr'd.