[bksvol-discuss] Goodbye Marissa

  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 13:28:13 -0700

Dear BKS VOL list - The magnificent, extremely well organized, and very
passionate Marissa Mika has "left the arena" so to speak.  She spent
most of yesterday training the rest of the Bookshare.org (office) team,
Janice and Gustavo.    While we continue our search for Marissa's
replacement, I will be trying to sort thru the challenges that you
manage every day and Gustavo will manage the "collections."   Carrie has
also offered her in-house guidance to keep us moving in the right
direction.

Your patience (and guidance) with us will be appreciated.  These are
exciting times for Bookshare.org.   Please take a moment and recognize
that you've helped build a 3 year old, well respected, online repository
of content that is now being marketed to schools and organizations and
groups throughout the United States (led by our newest addition to the
Bookshare.org team, Susie McKinnon).

We have over 22,200 live books as of today, and we've set the goal of
22,500 for the summer.  We cannot meet that goal without your help.  We
have built a reputation of trust with the publishing community and our
members.  As one of the "new" people at Benetech, I am amazed at this
success.

Thank you.

Janice & Gustavo

Janice Carter