[bksvol-discuss] Re: Good news and bad news

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:19:00 -0700 (PDT)

Good question. I went back and looked and the various
copies of Flambards. Apparently that's the date of
publication of that particular edition and not the
copyright date. Here's what I found when I clicked on
the book that had the 1982 date under date on the
right.

 82022391
Type of Material:       Book (Print, Microform, Electronic,
etc.)
Personal Name:  Peyton, K. M.
Main Title:     Flambards / K.M. Peyton ; illustrated by
Victor G. Ambrus.
Published/Created: New York : Philomel Books, [1982],
c1967.
ISBN:   0399209255 :

The trouble is, that doesn't specifically state who
holds  the copyright and one might jump to the
conclusion that it's the publisher. I suspect it's
still Peyton.

The only time I found the gov. copyright site closed
was from Sat. to noon on Sunday, and then it never
opened on time. That was annoying, since it seemed
that's mostly when I wanted to access it. I don't know
what the online hours are now, but if it's only during
business hours that is inconvenient. I hope more
publishers allow us to look into books on Amazon and
that the copyright page is available. :-)

Cindy

--- "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>