Have you seen the step 1 page before? I haven't been paying attention to what you've done so far. Just that you are here, wonderfully competent and conscientious. Okay, any more questions, just ask.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 09:25 AM 3/30/2008, you wrote:
Hi Mayrie.

"Books in Processing"?  Mayrie, I didn't even know that was there!!!
Now that I do, and I just now went there, what does "Awaiting
Validation" mean?

Thanks and Hugs,
Marilyn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 11:38 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: G. Cindy, Help, Please

Hi Marilyn,

You can try looking at the "books in processing" page. That will tell you where the books are, out for validation, or in the administration queue awaiting approval and addition to the Bookshare collection.

Fear not though. I have requests in at my library for the following books from that series to scan. I expect them to come to me in the next week, and I work pretty quickly. there will be plenty to validate once I get them scanned. Here is the list of books that I requested and will get.

The Princess Present
Party Princess
Princess On The Brink
Princess Lessons
Holiday Princess

When I checked the wish list, those were what was still needed and my library system has copies of each. So, I'll start scanning as soon as I have something to scan.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 08:13 AM 3/30/2008, you wrote:
G. Cindy,

I thought I'd go to the library today and pick up 2 of those
Princess Diary books you need validated for the 6th
graders.  I couldn't find ANY on the Bookshare Download
list.  Was I not fast enough and they're all gone already?
Can you help me?

Hugs,
Marilyn

On Mar 28, 2008, at 11:25 PM, Grandma Cindy wrote:

Marilyn, Judy S., and any other sighted voluntees--if
you'd like to validate some of the remaining Princess
Diary books, please feel free to take them whether or
not they say hold for me. They need sighted help
because the headings of the diary are in a fancy font
and don't scan well or at all. Some did scan.

I didn't mention you, Jamie, because you already have
so much to do, and I know you prefer to scan.

These books are for a group of 6th-grade girls who
have to read them and prepare book reports on
individual books and then as a group prepare a report
on the whole series. They need to get into the
collection by May first. Maithe and Anastasia and
Shelley have been scanning like mad, and someone else
and I have been validating, but we could use a little
more help. The books are pretty easy to get from the
library because they're very popular. Also, they're
cute and funny--reminds us, perhaps, too, of our
teenage years and worries.

G.Cindy