[bksvol-discuss] Re: G. Cindy, Help, Please

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 18:27:41 -0400

Hi Mayrie.

What a relief!  Thanks SO MUCH for the
clarification!  Whew!

Hugs,
Marilyn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 2:44 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: G. Cindy, Help, Please

Hi Marilyn!

You are doing exactly what you should do. Don't worry. The Books In Processing page is just the place where all books being worked on currently are gathered for easy viewing. The Books In Processing page tells us all of the books available to validate, lists also those that are out for validation currently, those awaiting approval by an administrator after validation, and I think those which have been rejected. Don't quote me on that rejected part. I'm not sure that that list is actually there.

You are absolutely correct to go to the Download page to find books to work on, and the Upload page to send them on for approval by Bookshare staff once you've finished working on the book you've been fixing. You have it all correct. You just didn't know that there was a place to go to see a list of all books currently somewhere in the preapproval process. So, carry on! You're doing great!

Peace,
Mayrie

At 10:50 AM 3/30/2008, you wrote:
Hi, Mayrie, Bob, and Sue.  Thank you all for responding.  I obviously
need help.

I go to where it says "Publish Books," which you can't click on,
then under that are "Download" and "Upload."  I get books to
validate from "Download" and I give them back  to "Upload."
I've never been to "Books in Processing" and didn't know I
could also get books to validate from there.  Is that where I
should have been getting them all along?

I'm so terribly sorry for the confusion.

Sincerely,
Marilyn

On Mar 30, 2008, at 12:55 PM, siss52 wrote:

Hi Marilyn,

Awaiting validation means the books that are on Step 1.  Speaking
of which,
you mentioned that you are working on a book that appears on Step 1
as well.
This means that there is a duplicate, and one of them will have to be
rejected.

HTH,

Sue S.