[bksvol-discuss] Fwd: [bookshare-discuss] Join John Glass in the AccessibleWorld. org chat room on April 16th

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 19:55:26 -0400

Hi everyone,

I'm very pleased to forward this announcement to the Bookshare- discuss mailing list. This is the official press release for the
event. John tells me that Bookshare's Manager of Alternate Media,
Jennifer Sutton, will also be joining him in the chat room.

Could one of you who also belongs to bookshare volunteers mailing
list please post this announcement there as well?

Thanks, and see you in the chat room next Monday at 5,

Lisa

FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION

(See Contact Info At End of this document.)

Topic:  Bookshare For You In 2007

Presenter:  John Glass, Customer Support Manager, Bookshare.
john.g@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 650 644-3403.  http://www.bookshare.org

If you enjoy reading books of all types by a wide variety of authors,
you
won't want to miss the Accessible World Tek Talk online event Monday,
April
16, as Customer Support Manager John Glass provides valuable information
about   a unique online library that serves people who are blind,
have low
vision, or have other print-related disabilities that make it
difficult for
them to read. The collection includes nearly 32,000 books in English and
Spanish and, via a partnership with the National Federation of the
Blind's
Newsline service,  some 150 daily newspapers and other periodicals made
available as electronic downloads.  Additionally, the virtual
audience will
be provided updates to the organization's ongoing initiatives and, more
especially,  will learn how to join this thriving community of book
lovers.

Following the presentation, there will be sufficient time for
questions and
comments from the audience. So, tell all your friends to join you.
There are
plenty of seats for everyone!

Date:  Monday, April 16, 2007

Time: 5:00 p.m. Pacific, 6:00 p.m. Mountain, 7:00 p.m. Central, 8:00
p.m.
Eastern and Tuesday 00:00 GMT.

Where: Tek Talk Online Conference Room

Since we are now using the new Talking Communities conferencing
software, we
urge you to plan to arrive well in advance of the start time to
download the
latest updated version and check your microphones. Go to our website at:

        http://www.accessibleworld.org

Select the Tek Talk Room.

If this is the first time you have entered our new rooms, you will
need to
install and then run the Talkcom software. It is very small and safe to
install on your computer.

Then return to the sign-in screen and  select the Enter Room button.
Enter
your first and last name, tab to the log in button, and press Enter. No
password is required.

Note:  SHOULD YOU ENCOUNTER ANY PROBLEM, CALL THE TALKING COMMUNITIES
TECH
TEAM AT:

810-895-9558

Archives of all training events and sign up information for the two
Tek Talk
mailing lists are available at: http://www.accessibleworld.org.

Schedule of Upcoming Events:
April 23:  Michael Curran's NVDA, The Free Open Source Screen-Reader

Media Contacts:

Robert Acosta, Chair, Planning Committee Helping Hands for the Blind
818-998-0044
Email: boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:boacosta%40pacbell.net>
http://www.helpinghands4theblind.com

Pat Price, Events Coordinator