[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fwd: Thoughts on Validation

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 15:08:55 -0600

Hi Ann,

I've looked into the browse button issue from a developer standpoint. We're using the standard upload control as defined by the W3C. This essentially means that it is up to the browser to render the upload control, including the browse button. (The edit field and browse button are actually a single control in HTML.) I haven't run across any other way of teling a browser to upload a file, so unfortunately we're stuck with what we've got. How the browse button is read is then of course up to the AT vender and their communication with the browser. If anyone ever runs across an example of better behavior of an upload control speaking, please drop me a note.

Sincerely,
Jake

Jake Brownell
jakeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx