[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: scanning bibles?

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:47:25 -0500

I haven't tried it, but I would think it would be difficult, but probably
not impossible.  The biggest problem I could foresee would be the thinness
of many Bible's pages, which would cause bleedthrew of text from pages
behind the one being scanned.  They also can be small and fat, which doesn't
make scanning fun.  Then of course I can't stand to submit things without
editing, and there is no way I would be willing to edit the entire Bible,
even if it were possible.  You'd have to be a munk for that, because if you
didn't devote all your time to it, you'd never get done. :-)
Good thing most versions are already available somewhere in electronic form.
I thought copying my Bible from my computer to my braille note in a usable
form was enough work. hehehe

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net