[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: ? a member needs help from Jaws users finding place in a book

  • From: "Andy B." <sonfire11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 17:28:19 -0400

Depends on what he uses to read it with.

1. FSREADER 2.0:
- Press control+b for the bookmarks window.
- Let it manage your position for you. It keeps track of the last position
in the book you are at when you close it.
2. For pacmate/FSEDIT - There are no such thing as bookmarks. There are 2
choices:
- Let FSEDIT keep track of your place for you. It works just like FSREADER
2.0.
- Put an unusual character in the text. I use 2 @ signs at the start of a
line. Then search for it when you need your position again.
3. For Mobile Speak 2 or 4 - the brf reader gives you 2 choices:
- Let brf reader keep track of the position for you. Works just like
FSREADER or FSEDIT.
- Press left soft and arrow down to bookmark and hit enter.
3. IE or Firefox - use JAWS placemarkers
4. rtf or plain text - Use special/unusual characters like 2 @ signs at the
start of the line. Then search for them when you need to fine your place.

Sorry this is all I could help with.

From: david szumowski <dszumow@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ?
To: "Cindy" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, July 17, 2010, 11:03 AM

Sorry to bother you, but maybe you know the answer.  I have some of your
books downloaded and read them via Jaws.  Is there a way to place a bookmark
to find a spot easily when I return to a book after  some time away?  I'm
not sure how to do it, if I can.
Thanks

David