[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: Em-dashes

  • From: "mickey" <micka@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 01:38:25 -0400

Hi, Evan.

NLS contracts their work to various agencies--the lowest bidder. The
contractors use Duxbury, and type the work in, with some exceptions that are
scanned. Then the book is proofread once, errors are corrected, and it's
proofed again. Then it's put on zinc plates and proofed yet a third time.

And I still see errors in the work! As you may be able to tell, I was involved
with doing some of that for a while.

Mickey

Mickey Prahin
micka@xxxxxxxxxx