[bksvol-discuss] Fw: A question from a fellow volunteer

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 18:48:51 -0800

Kim, here is your answer about em/En Dashes. Hope this Helps.
----------------
“If you go without playing the trumpet for one day, no one knows, two days, only you know, and more than three days without practicing, girl you better look out, because everyone will know!” Today, I find myself constantly saying those words, just to get myself going, to not give up, and it works. Since I learned to play the trumpet at the tender age of 10, I have spent so much passion and much diligence with that instrument that I will not give up on it. Sometimes my instrument puts me into awkward situations where I feel like they won’t ever end, but the trumpet gives me a lot of hope with the majestic, crystal-clear sound it brings to my ears.
----------------
Chela Robles
E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
MSNWindowsLive Messenger: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: A question from a fellow volunteer
To: ceartbhrigh@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, December 18, 2009, 7:02 PM

Hello, a fellow bookshare
volunteer who is totally
blind is wondering what the differences in context and why
in context the
following is: Dash, En Dash, Em Dash, Hyphen. She is
proofreading a book and she
had asked no one has answered her yet other than just to
replace it with
something else due to the bookshare tools not properly
retaining it or something
but she just wants to know for her knowledge and I wish to
answer her to the
best of my ability as well.
Hope you have a great