[bksvol-discuss] Re: Funky change in Roger's emails plust question about plain text e-mails.

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 19:00:31 -0800

Roger, I found a solution and I'm not an AOL user so hope this helps you out. To send e-mail with a plain text format, please follow the steps below:

     FOR AOL Web Mail
     1. Go to Mail,
     2. Select Settings from the new mail toolbar, then,
     3. under Authoring, de-select Rich Text/HTML

     FOR AOL 9.0
     1. On the AOL toolbar, click WRITE.
2. In Send To, type the e-mail address of the person to whom you want to send a message. (To send the same message to another person, type a comma and add the next e-mail address.)
     3. In Subject, type a brief title or description for your message.
4. Place the cursor in the body of the e-mail. Right-click on it then select COMPOSE AS PLAIN TEXT. 5. Type your message and when you have finished, click SEND NOW to send the e-mail.

     FOR AOL 4.0 TO 5.0
No problem with plain text composing in either of these versions of AOL. It is in the later editions of AOL that HTML is the default setting of email composing. Just type away with nothing special to have to do.

FOR AOL 6.0, 7.0 & 8.0 the default setting for these IS HTML so there is ONE of three choices for composing and sending plain text email.

1) UPGRADE to 9.0 (If your computer has enough memory to allow for this)

2) DOWNGRADE to 4.0 or 5.0 (as explained above these have NO HTML default)

     3) USE AOL MAIL ON THE WEB TO SEND PLAIN TEXT EMAIL
-NOTE: You do not have to use AOL to connect to AOL Mail on the Web. You can use any Internet connection to follow the steps below. -NOTE:You can use one of two methods to accomplish PLAIN TEXT COMPOSING: #1 shortened version of Jill's or the lengthier AOL method #2 IMPORTANT NOTE: Please note that the first time you log in it will take a long while to load. The second time it goes much faster so, do not get discouraged by the slow pace.

     A) SHORTENED VERSION:
1. Go to www.aol.com www.aol.com and click on mail. This step can be omitted the next time by going directly to the log-in screen in step #2. 2. Here is a shortcut to the "log-in" screen that will save having to load that first page in the future. WWW AOL login http://tinyurl.com/7vgu is the actual tiny url address. Put this into your favorites for future use.
     3. Once there, log in with your screen name and password.
4. Read your SSD email and either reply directly or compose your mail and send it to SSD's email address of smallstuff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     5. Click on EXIT AOL MAIL to close the AOL.COM window.
     6. Click on OK.
     7. Click on the X to close the AOL Anywhere window.

     B) AOL'S INSTRUCTIONS TO LOG IN TO AOL MAIL ON THE WEB:
1. In the Type Keywords or Web Addresses here box, type WWW.AOL.COM then click on GO.
     2. Click on the MAIL tab.
     3. Type your Screen Name and Password, then click on ENTER AOL MAIL.
     4. Click on OK if you receive a Security Alert.
     5. Click on PLEASE CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE SIGN-IN PROCESS.
     6. Click on YES if you receive a Security Alert.
     7. Click on WRITE.
8. Type the Address, Subject, and Message as usual, then click on SEND NOW.
     9. Click on OK if you receive a confirmation message.
     10. Click on EXIT AOL MAIL to close the AOL.COM window.
     11. Click on OK.
     12. Click on the X to close the AOL Anywhere window.

"If you go without playing the trumpet for one day, no one knows, two days, only you know, and more than three days without practicing, girl you better look out, because everyone will know!" Today, I find myself constantly saying those words, just to get myself going, to not give up, and it works. Since I learned to play the trumpet at the tender age of 10, I have spent so much passion and much diligence with that instrument that I will not give up on it. Sometimes my instrument puts me into awkward situations where I feel like they won't ever end, but the trumpet gives me a lot of hope with the majestic, crystal-clear sound it brings to my ears.
Chela Robles
E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
MSNWindowsLive Messenger: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx