[bksvol-discuss] Re: Frustration over missed opportunities for perfection

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 16:08:01 -0700

U know what, yall--the AA prayer really comes into its own in a
situation like this. From my perspective:
1) I am gonna turn out the absolute best product I can.
2) I am not gonna waste my time trying to 2nd guess the quirks of the
braille translator & the stripper & Daisy, because I cannot always
predict what they're gonna do & I certainly cannot change them.
3) I control what I can, I leave alone what I cannot, & I always pray
for wisdom to know the difference. I will not waste my energy lookin
back over my shoulder or hopping thru life on 1 leg while kickin
myself in the butt w/the other.

My view is that every1's pretty much doin' the best they can.
Bookshare staff has got their hands full--you'd think money would
solve their problems but it doesn't--it just creates different ones.
They're still understaffed & spendin their time tryin' to get more
staff, while the expectations of the Department of Education are
*huge*. The volunteer manual isn't perfect but it's better than what
we had. Of course, it might be better if there were a wiki or some
such, but for now... These things all take time & resources.

So, guys, let's not get our grundies in a bundle & let's just all
understand that u, me, & every1 else is doing the best they can. Life
will never be perfect here--all we can do is our little bit to make it
better. & if, at the end of the day, we can say we've done that, then
it's been a good day indeed. & I truly believe that all of us on this
list can in fact say that. So easy does it, yall--it just is not worth
getin' upset over--life's way too short & time way too precious for
that. I'll crawl back in2 the woodwork now where I belong.

--
Jackie McBride
& Check out my homepage at: