[bksvol-discuss] Re: From Sharon: question and a very easy cookbook if you like butterscotch

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:09:59 -0600

There should really be a space between the full cup measurement and the
fraction.  The only reasone they are together in the printed book is
that the fractions are usually written with a symbol that is smaller
than the fraction written out with the numbers and a slash.  Because it
is smaller it is clear to a reader that the first number of the fraction
is not part of the number of full cups.  Of course it can be figured out
by most people reading the scanned book, but some alteration in
formatting is ok if it still conveys the actual intended meaning more
clearly.  Now the validator will need to handle it if they are willing,
but you will know for future submitions.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity